My great state of Texas has a fun tag-line for all of the people that weren't born here, but have moved here: "I wasn't born in Texas, But I got Here As Fast As I Could!"
That being said, to those that know me...they know that it was not love at first sight when I first landed in Dallas many, many years ago...Coming from the North, I arrived in Texas one August and was greeted with 100+ temperatures - I was not a happy camper. But now, a couple of months in the summer of hot days is a happy trade-off to many months of bitter cold and snow. So, you might be from Dallas if:
1) You know that the Dallas Cowboys stadium is actually in Arlington, TX
2) You know the difference between good guacamole and bad guacamole
3) You know there is no state income tax
4) You turn your central air conditioning on in April and turn it off (maybe) in November
5) You know that many consider chicken fried steak with cream gravy a diet staple
6) You know that a high school sports stadium may be larger than most professional sports stadiums
7) You know that you might not actually meet someone that was born in Dallas
8) You know that Dallas is a thriving city coupled with booming suburbs filled with fabulously diverse, intelligent and caring people.
Dallas, this is my city...I wasn't born here, but I won't leave here!
BROKER/ASSOCIATE/REALTOR, ABR, AHWD, ALHS, ASP, BPOR, CAPS, CDPE, CGP,
Multi-Million Dollar Consultant
Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
Information, written commentary, photos, original verse, etc… are the property of this author and may be reprinted or posted for Active Rain.