The Bottom Line on Recycling Do's and Dont's
There is no single standard for recycling - every community sets their own.
Phone Books and Pizza Boxes are often not welcomed by recycling programs.
Not all plastic can be recycled. Look for the recycling symbol to be sure.
Did you know?
Your local community or trash pickup firm can usually advise on recycling regulations.
- High-quality plastics labeled with number one and two recycling symbols.
- Food and beverage containers, such as milk, soda, water, salad dressings, etc.
- Jars and canisters such as those used for peanut butter, soap, and aspirin bottles, etc.
- Mail, junk and otherwise, including brochures, fliers, white/light envelopes, etc.
- Aluminum, tin and steel cans, such as soda, beer, tuna, vegetable, etc.
- Printed paper such as newspaper, magazines, phone books, legal pads, etc.
Don't Recycle (usually):
Be sure to check with your local recycling officials, since some of the items below CAN be recycled in some communities.
- Plastic bags
- Newspaper delivery bags
- Lids from glass containers
- Pizza boxes
- Phone books
- Aerosol cans
- Paint cans
- Wax paper
- Food-soiled paper
- Window glass
- Light bulbs
- Microwaveable food trays
BROKER/ASSOCIATE/REALTOR, ABR, AHWD, ALHS, ASP, BPOR, CAPS, CDPE, CGP,
Multi-Million Dollar Consultant
Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
Information, written commentary, photos, original verse, etc… are the property of this author and may be reprinted or posted for Active Rain.