Carry the Load is an organization that helps first responders, veterans, service members and their families. The event raises money and shares the true spirt of this holiday weekend.
The Dallas Memorial March is a 20-hour 16-minute Memorial Day event honoring service members and their families for the sacrifices they make. You can join in the Memorial March at any time during the 20 hours and walk even for just a few minutes. You do not have to carry a weighted pack.
The event takes place at Reverchon Park and on the Katy Trail in Dallas. Address:3505 Maple Ave, Dallas, Texas 75219. Alcohol will be for sale within the confines of the event; therefore, it can only be consumed via purchase from the authorized vendor.
SCHEDULE View a more Detailed Schedule
- Sunday, May 29 - gates open to the public 12:00 pm (noon)
- Sunday, May 29 - Opening Ceremony 3:00 pm
- Sunday, May 29 - Walk Start 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 30 - Walk Finish 12:16 pm
- Monday, May 30 - Closing Ceremony 12:30 pm
General Parking will be available at the Gaedeke garage at 2501 Maple Ave. Volunteer parking will be available at Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital located at 2222 Welborn Street Dallas, Texas 75219. Surrounding neighborhood parking is also available within walking distance of Reverchon Park. Carpooling is strongly encouraged! View the Parking Map at the bottom of the Event Map page. The garage directly across Maple from the park is ONLY for Load Carriers with a special pass obtained at packet pick-up.
VIP VILLAGE (TAILGATING) INFO
The top teams who raise more than $5000 (as of Friday, May 27th at midnight) will receive a tailgate area pass. The tailgate area will be near the entrance of the park. Spaces will be marked off for you to bring your pop-up tent and your coolers/tables/chairs. Please do not bring individual grills for your tent. We are working to have a grill and grill master in the Tailgate Area who will be serving all Tailgaters.
- Only the plot space is provided for you (not tables/chairs/tent). Feel free to bring any lawn games to add to the fun atmosphere.
- Tailgate holders can bring one 10'x10' pop up tent per space (plots are 12'X12').
- Tents must have sufficient anchoring into the grass or with weights.
- Plan to have a designated team member to keep an eye on your valuables throughout the event.
- One parking pass will be issued per tailgate plot, this pass can be used for one vehicle to enter (and remain in) the park during the set up time.
- Curbside unloading and VIP parking access is available only between 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm Sunday May 29th.
- Once you have unloaded, Tailgate check-in volunteers will help you locate your tailgate plot.
- Once parked during the 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, Sunday May 29th set-up time, you will not be able to leave the parking lot until after 5:30 pm due to event road closures.
- If you will need to use your vehicle prior to 5:30pm on Sunday May 29th, please park in surrounding legal parking areas.
Timeline for Tailgate Access on Turtle Creek (Sunday, May 29th)
- 7:00 am - 10:00 am Early drop-off/setup - For tailgaters wanting to set up early and avoid the rush, you will be able to drop off and set up during this period. Please be aware that there will be no support for unloading/hauling/parking during this time, but there will be a member of the staff to help direct you.
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm No Access - Due to the vendor's needs for access during this time, there will be no access from Turtle Creek.
- 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm Full Access - Tailgaters will have full access to the tailgate drop off point from Turtle Creek. This will include valet service for both vehicles and supplies/gear.
- 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm No Access - Turtle Creek access is unavailable during this time due to the event kick-off. The alternate drop-off point during this time is at the Recreation Center circle drive (500 feet to the west on Maple Ave)
- 5:30 pm -7:00 pm Limited Access - with the exception of the vehicle valet service, access with assistance is restored on Turtle Creek
Further questions on Tailgating? Contact John Reed at email@example.com.
EVENT T-SHIRTS will NOT be available at packet pick-up. If you purchased an event t-shirt during the registration process, you will pick it up at the merchandise tent during the event.
PACKET PICK-UP (For Load Carriers Only)
If you have raised $200 or more on your personal fundraising page, you are invited to pick up your Load Carrier Shirt and meal wristband at packet pick-up. Load Carrier packet pickup at Gold's Gym
Lisa Von Domek
BROKER/ASSOCIATE/REALTOR, ABR, AHWD, ALHS, ASP, BPOR, CAPS, CDPE, CGP,
CLHMS, CMS, CRS, CSP, e-PRO, GREEN, GRI, MRP, PS, QSC, SFR, SRES, TAHS, TRC
Lisa Von Domek & Associates, LLC / Real Living Real Estate Group
Multi-Million Dollar Consultant
Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
Addison TX Real Estate Allen TX Real Estate Argyle TX Real Estate Cedar Hill TX Real Estate
Dallas TX Real Estate DeSoto TX Real Estate Duncanville TX Real Estate Grand Prairie TX Real Estate Midlothian TX Real Estate Plano TX Real Estate Red Oak TX Real Estate Waxahachie TX Real Estate
Information, written commentary, photos, original verse, etc… are the property of this author and may be reprinted or posted for Active Rain.