Green for Buyers
As a buyer interested in learning about a home’s green bona fides, there are several simple questions you can ask – and things you can look for inside and around the house – that will help you quickly determine how environmentally friendly it is… and how much effort it may require to bring it up to your environmental commitment.
Here are a few:
- As your GREEN Realtor, I will ask specifically about any and all investments the Seller has made in their home to save energy or promote conservation. And, ask them to list all items, large and small.
- Utility bills can provide valuable information, and I will request the information on their bills.
- When touring the home, examine any appliances that may stay in the home if you decide to make an offer; do they carry the Energy Star label?
- And, linger by windows and doors; do you feel a draft? If so, that’s energy literally going out the window.
- What are the home’s flooring, cabinetry and counter top materials made from? Are they Eco-friendly?
- Are the toilets, faucets and shower heads low-flow?
- Ask when the heating and cooling system (HVAC) was last checked and cleaned.
- Check to make sure the pipes are well-insulated, and then check the water heater: Is it an energy-friendly tankless variety?
Are you ready to find your “Green” home? Here are a few homes that might be just what you are looking for and may have Green features or have some of the newest features added:
For all of the real estate information that you need
Call me - your Dallas Realtor Lisa Von Domek.
BROKER/ASSOCIATE/REALTOR, ABR, AHWD, ALHS, ASP, BPOR, CAPS, CDPE, CGP,
Multi-Million Dollar Consultant
Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
Information, written commentary, photos, original verse, etc… are the property of this author and may be reprinted or posted for Active Rain.