Preparing Your Home For Sale: The Exterior
Never underestimate the importance of curb appeal. An attractive, well-maintained home will generally sell faster and for a higher price than a similar home that’s outdated.
Let’s look at your home’s exterior objectively and see what repairs and updates it needs to sell for top dollar.
- Keep the lawn mowed and shrubs trimmed.
- Remove dead tree limbs and other yard debris.
- Plant fresh shrubs and flowers.
- Arrange outdoor items neatly and put away lawn equipment.
- Check siding, trim and doors – especially the front door – for dirt and peeling paint.
- Check your fence.
- Check loose or damaged roof shingles or flashing.
- Clean and repair broken windows or screens.
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Wash the driveway and sidewalk.
- Clean and neatly arrange the garage or shed.
- Make sure the gas grill is clean.
- Make sure the entry light and doorbell work.
If you find that a repair is needed on anything listed, fix the entire defect so it will not cause a distraction.
For more information on selling your home, visit my website!
BROKER/ASSOCIATE/REALTOR, ABR, AHWD, ALHS, ASP, BPOR, CAPS, CDPE, CGP,
Multi-Million Dollar Consultant
Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker
Information, written commentary, photos, original verse, etc… are the property of this author and may be reprinted or posted for Active Rain.